January 22, 2014 Edition
Also in this issue...
Sports Scene |
Hoxie aldermen adjust salaries
Hoxie City Council members voted to reduce their salaries by $50 a month from $150 to $100 at the January meeting. Newest council member Rick Mayland suggested the amount and the council unanimously passed the salary adjustments.
Mayor Lanny Tinker announced that Chris Ditto has been hired as the new assistant fire chief. He began work Jan. 7 and is working three days a week.
Due to water line repairs increasing work hours for water/sewer employees, Tinker said an additional staff member is needed to keep comp time controlled. He said it would take at least a month to hire and train someone.
Also at the meeting:
- Tinker formally announced his candidacy for reelection in 2014.
- council members discussed the new garbage route to take effect on Feb. 4. The once-a-week route will be all residences east of Texas Street picked up on Tuesday and those west of Texas Street picked up on Thursday. Commercial dumpsters will be collected on Wednesdays.
- Tinker announced that the repairs at Jones Trailer Park cost in excess of $6,000. Damages were caused by cloth items being flushed into the system.
- the council discussed the water/sewer loan, which closed Thursday. A pre-bid construction conference was also held on Thursday. (See related story.)
- Tinker announced that a $12,500 general improvement fund grant from the Arkansas Department of Rural Services will be used to make improvements at the Hoxie Service Center.
Click Here for help with The TD Online
Business Directory |
Community Directory |
Contact Us |
TD History |
Copyright 2000 ~ 2017 The Times Dispatch
P.O. Box 389 ~ Walnut Ridge, Arkansas 72476