January 8, 2014 Edition
Also in this issue...
Sports Scene |
Voters to pick new
governor in 2014
A new election year is upon us and many races will take place in 2014 both statewide and locally. This will be Mike Beebe's final term as Arkansas Governor. Beebe has served since January 2007 and is barred by term limits from seeking re-election.
Local officials, such as county judge, county clerk, sheriff and mayors, will also be ending their terms this year. New candidates for county judge and sheriff have already announced their intentions to seek office.
Election dates are as follows:
- Feb. 24 at noon to March 3 at noon; party filing period.
- May 20; general primary election.
- June 10; general primary runoff election.
- July 25 at noon to Aug. 15 at noon; municipal filing period.
- July 1 at noon to July 8 at noon; school board filing period.
- Sept. 16; school board election.
- Oct. 7; school board runoff election.
- Nov. 4; general and municipal (Lawrence County) elections.
- Nov. 25; general and municipal runoff elections.
Click Here for help with The TD Online
Business Directory |
Community Directory |
Contact Us |
TD History |
Copyright 2000 ~ 2017 The Times Dispatch
P.O. Box 389 ~ Walnut Ridge, Arkansas 72476