August 14, 2013 Edition
Also in this issue...
Sports Scene |
The Quorum Court approved an ordinance to appropriate $117,164 on deposit with the county treasurer to a separate sheriff bail fund in accordance with currents laws.
The money is from bail bonds that have been mistakenly held in the wrong account. All future bail bonds will be managed by the sheriff and deposited in the Sheriff bail fund.
An update was given that the previously planned district court probation officer, Magen Price, is no longer able to accept the position. Plans to hire a full-time probation officer have been tabled until further notice.
Also at the meeting:
- a resolution was passed to accept $25,000 in additional grant money to finish work on the new shooting range.
- the justices passed a resolution for the Lynn Fire Department to receive a grant to help pay for a back-up generator.
- more information regarding the 911 Communication Center upgrades show that it may cost as little as $2,000 to complete. Judge Dale Freeman will continue to research the upgrade
- the justices approved an ordinance to receive a grant, valued at $10,500, from the Secretary of State to cover the cost of election equipment, including six new electronic poll books and two ivotronic voting machines.
- Judge Freeman said that the access road to the Birdsong Plant is about 50 percent complete, but rain has caused some delays.
Click Here for help with The TD Online
Business Directory |
Community Directory |
Contact Us |
TD History |
Copyright 2000 ~ 2014 The Times Dispatch
P.O. Box 389 ~ Walnut Ridge, Arkansas 72476