Two board races
slated for Tuesday
Voters of the Hoxie and Sloan-Hendrix school districts will decide the outcome of board member races in Tuesday's School Election. Polls will be open from 7:30 a.m. until 7:30 p.m.
In the Hoxie School District, two candidates seek the open board position now held by Marlyn Tate, longtime board member. The candidates, listed in ballot order, are:
Felipe Baiza and David F. Dobbs.
Hoxie School District polling places are:
- Hoxie Service Center - Boas 1, 2, 3 and Dowell precincts;
- Minturn City Hall - Ashland and Marion precincts;
- Clover Bend Community Center - Lawrence and Duty; and
- Sedgwick Community Center - Promised Land.
For the Sloan-Hendrix School District, two candidates seek election to Position 2, which has one year left on an unexpired term. Joey Crawford was elected to the position but had previously resigned. Bill Davis was appointed to fill the position until the election.
The candidates are:
Bill Davis and
Robert T. Stallings.
Sloan-Hendrix School District polling places are:
- Imboden Community Center - Dent, Annieville precincts and Randolph County voters; and
- Ravenden Community Center - Spring River and Thacker precincts and Sharp County voters.
Early voting begun
Early voting began yesterday and will continue through Monday. Early and absentee voting is being conducted from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. in County Clerk Tina Stowers' office at the courthouse.
The Hillcrest and Lawrence County (Black Rock and Walnut Ridge) districts have no races and are conducting their elections only through early and absentee voting.
Unopposed incumbents for school board positions are: David Scott Durham of Smithville, Hillcrest School District, Zone 5; Ronald Ingram of Walnut Ridge, Lawrence County School District; and Preston Clark of Imboden, Sloan-Hendrix School District, Position 1.
None of the school districts in the county are seeking a millage increase.