Coker remains chair
The Walnut Ridge Airport Commission re-elected Dan Coker as chairman during its December meeting.
The commission also accepted a proposed annual budget figure of $610,000 for the 2012 fiscal year and approved a three percent raise for two non-administrative positions at the airport.
Airport Manager Michelle Anthony was given the go ahead to hire a part-time employee to help with extra work and on the weekends.
Commissioners learned that the building that once housed Morgan Buildings and Spas is now ready for occupancy. It was recommended as possible hangar space.
In other business,
- Commissioners learned that a drainage project will not be finished on time due to problems the contractor is facing.
- two fuel trucks were discussed that are available for purchase at the airport.
- the airport is still working on the airfield lighting system.
- A FEMA reimbursement has been received to cover repair of damage to West Machine Shop incurred during the spring floods.
- commissioners accepted a bid from DTI for engineering services.
- changes to the airport master plan were tabled
- an APU generator has been scheduled for repair.