events offered in LawCo.
Some of the top events of the pre-Christmas season are happening in the next few days in Lawrence County. With our busy schedules, none of us can do it all, but it would be well worth it to make time for some of these special events. Details of these events can be found elsewhere in this edition of The TD.
- Dickens in the Park will be held Saturday from 4-7 p.m. at the Hoxie City Park. The setting is the Victorian Era and will include Christmas music, bagpipes and a portion of "A Christmas Carol." The event is free and includes refreshments and much more.
- A highlight of the season for many is the Northeast Arkansas Chorale and Williams Singers' Christmas concert. This year's concert is on Saturday at 7 p.m. in the beautiful new Manley Chapel at Williams Baptist College. Accompanied by an orchestra, the group will present Handel's "Messiah." Admission is $7 for students and $10 for general admission.
- The Lawrence County Circle of Friends will be busy this weekend hosting two big events. The first event is Breakfast with Santa on Saturday from 8-11 a.m. at First Baptist Church's Ministry Activity Center in Walnut Ridge. On Sunday, they will offer a Tour of Homes. Both events are being held to raise money for Arkansas Children's Hospital.
- Several community parades are scheduled in the upcoming days including, Dec. 5, 3 p.m. Imboden Christmas Parade; Dec.
6 p.m., Hoxie Christmas Parade; Dec. 9, 6 p.m., Walnut Ridge Christmas Parade; Dec. 11, 1 p.m., Lynn Christmas Parade; and Dec. 18, 2 p.m., Black Rock Christmas Parade.
- School concerts and programs are also numerous, and a few of them are as follows. The Walnut Ridge High School Choral Department will host its Christmas concert on Sunday at 3 p.m. at the Fellowship Hall of the First Presbyterian Church. The Hoxie High School band and choir programs will host their Christmas concert Thursday at 6 p.m. at the Robert Hicks Gymnasium. Guests are encouraged to bring canned goods or non-perishable foods for the local food bank. The Walnut Ridge Band program will present its Christmas concert on Dec. 12 at 3 p.m. in the Walnut Ridge Community Center.
- The Powhatan Historic State Park will host a Holiday Ball on Dec. 11 from 6 to 10 p.m.
- Just up the highway in Pocahontas, The Imperial Dinner Theatre will present a special holiday production, "A Celtic Christmas," Dec. 11-14 and Dec. 16-21. The show will feature Irish clogging, singing and guest artist Danny Vaughn of Hoxie on the bagpipes. Several Lawrence Countians are a part of this production.
These are just some of the upcoming seasonal events, so please check the news for others.