EMERGENCY PERSONNEL RESPOND ~ On Monday, Walnut Ridge emergency responders reported to a grease fire at the China Buffet in Walnut Ridge. Walnut Ridge Fire Department personnel (from left) firefighter Quentin Cato, Captain Chris Jones and Assistant Chief Carl White stretch an extension cord to a ventilation fan to remove smoke from the building. The fire caused smoke damage to the restaurant's vent hood and pipe system. According to Alan Haskins, fire chief, China Buffet can re-open after the building is inspected for a pressure and plumbing check.
TD Photos ~ Shantelle Prater
Following a recent Arkansas Department of Education news release naming 58 schools that appeared on a list of public schools with inflated grades, Lawrence County administrators are taking a closer look at how ADE chose the data used to compare the grades of high school students course work to end-of-year exams.