October 1, 2008 Edition
Also in this issue...
Sports Scene |
Monday is deadline
Registration to vote in the Nov. 4 General Election in the state of Arkansas ends on Monday. Arkansas law requires all voters to be registered 30 days in advance of casting a vote in an election.
for voters to register
Requirements for registering in Arkansas include:
- Be a U.S. citizen.
- Be an Arkansas resident (residing in Arkansas at least 31 days prior to the first election in which one will vote).
- Be age 18 or turn 18 on or before the next election.
- Not be a convicted felon whose sentence has not been discharged or pardoned.
- Not be presently adjudged as mentally incompetent as to the ability to vote by a court of competent jurisdiction.
- Not be registered elsewhere - in another county in Arkansas or another state.
To register to vote in Arkansas visit the county clerk's office, the state revenue office, the public library, a public assistance or disability agency, a military recruitment office or the Arkansas National Guard.
Voter registration information can be found on the Internet at votenaturally.org.
Click Here for help with The TD Online
Business Directory |
Community Directory |
Contact Us |
TD History |
Copyright 2000 ~ 2017 The Times Dispatch
P.O. Box 389 ~ Walnut Ridge, Arkansas 72476