July 23, 2008 Edition
Also in this issue...
Sports Scene |
Filings end for school board,
The filing period for school board elections ended at noon Friday, with only one race in the county and with incumbents filing for all open board positions.
Hoxie School has only race
The only contested race is for the Hoxie School's board position. Incumbent Lonnie Owen Smith will face Jeffery Moskop in the election for that position.
Lawrence County Clerk Tina Stowers said none of the schools in the county are seeking an increase in millage.
Other incumbents who had filed petitions for school board are as follows:
The school election is set for Sept. 16.
- Darrell Smith, Hillcrest School District, zone 3.
- Larry Brent Glenn, Hillcrest School District, zone 2.
- Joe Penn, Lawrence County School District, Black Rock position.
- Keith Brand, Lawrence County School District, Walnut Ridge position.
- Joey Crawford, Sloan-Hendrix School District.
Drawing set for
Drawing for ballot positions for the Sept. 16, 2008, School Election will be held this Friday at 12:30 p.m. in the Lawrence County Courthouse conference room, announced the Lawrence County Election Commission.
Click Here for help with The TD Online
Business Directory |
Community Directory |
Contact Us |
TD History |
Copyright 2000 ~ 2014 The Times Dispatch
P.O. Box 389 ~ Walnut Ridge, Arkansas 72476