December 19, 2007 Edition
Also in this issue...
Sports Scene |
Hoxie to open bids
for attorney position
The Hoxie City Council voted to open the position of city attorney for bids for the 2008 calendar year. Current City Attorney Bobby Gibson informed the council that he is still interested in the position, and he plans to submit a bid.
The council opened the position for bids for 2007 following a recommendation from Gibson. He said that since there is not a lawyer residing within the city limits of Hoxie, that the proper course of action would be for the council to accept bids.
In other business:
- the council discussed random drug testing for all employees. The issue was tabled.
- Hoxie Mayor Donnie Roberts informed the council that dates have been set for the annual Christmas dinner and the sandwich potluck.
- aldermen voted to use purchase and work orders for all city business.
- the council accepted the 2008 budget of $1.2 million.
- the council advised Roberts to vote for a proposed amendment to the Declaration for Trust for the Municipal Health Benefit Trust.
Click Here for help with The TD Online
Business Directory |
Community Directory |
Contact Us |
TD History |
Copyright 2000 ~ 2015 The Times Dispatch
P.O. Box 389 ~ Walnut Ridge, Arkansas 72476