November 21, 2007 EditionAlso in this issue...
Hoxie sets dates for upcoming eventsMembers of Hoxie City Council set dates for several upcoming events during their regular meeting on Nov. 13.
The Hoxie Christmas Parade will be held on Dec. 3 at 6:30 p.m. The volunteer fire department will host a Santa Run on Dec. 9 at 6:30 p.m., with a reschedule date of Dec. 16 in case of bad weather. The city of Hoxie will host its annual Christmas potluck dinner for city employees and their families at 6:30 p.m. on Dec. 14.
Aldermen also voted to give all city employees a Christmas bonus again this year. Full-time employees will receive $100, and part-time employees will receive $25.
In other business:
- Dale Johnson addressed aldermen concerning the burning of fields following a harvest.
- Bob Boyd, a city employee, addressed the council requesting that he be allowed to carry over unused vacation days into the 2008 calendar year. The council voted to have Boyd schedule his vacation before the end of the year.
- the council passed a resolution setting a date for a public hearing on the proposed closing of a portion of the ally located behind the old Furniture and Appliances Now building.
- Mayor Donnie Roberts reported that the city had a good legislative audit report.
- Roberts discussed several properties that council members have added to the city's cleanup list.
- the council voted to raise the deductible for Municipal League health insurance from $200 to $500 in order to lower rates. By doing this, the city will save $9,500 a year.
News | Sports | Education | Viewpoints | Classifieds | Records
Business Directory | Calendar | Community Directory |
Contact Us | Staff | TD History | Archives | Subscribe Online
Email the Online Editor:
Email the Editor:
P.O. Box 389 ~ Walnut Ridge, Arkansas 72476