August 29, 2007 EditionAlso in this issue...
LHS to continue providing
Leah Osbahr, president of LHS, highlighted the community outreach activities of both Lawrence Memorial Hospital and Lawrence Hall Nursing Center, a focus of 2007, during the Monday night meeting of the Lawrence Health Services governing board.
community outreach programs
Health screenings were provided for employees at Walnut Ridge School and for attendees of the Lawrence County Fair. Staff provided goods for bake sales being held each Friday morning with proceeds going to the Susan Komen cancer benefit and Lawrence County Walk of Hope for cancer survivors. They are forming a team for the Alzheimer's Walk on Sept. 8. LHS staff will be providing personnel for a health fair to welcome students to Williams Baptist College on Sept. 10.
The annual Foundation golf tournament will be held on Oct. 3. Area banks are providing $10,000 toward sponsorships.
In other business:
- Sarah Wright, nursing home administrator, pointed out that the home's courtyard had been decorated with new landscaping and lawn furniture. The Lawrence Memorial Health Foundation and Auxiliary funded the project.
- Dr. Ted Lancaster, medical director of LHNC, reported on the status of nursing home management in preparation for survey and commended the self-assessment program put into place by Wright.
- Benchmark data for the nursing home showed that the standards being measured generally met industry guides. Wright also reported that self-imposed goals are being monitored.
- Human resource measures for the month were reported.
- Dr. Shawn Peyton, chief of staff for the hospital, provided the medical staff reports.
- The response to a national patient safety goal focused on encouraging patients' involvement in care decisions was discussed.
- The environmental safety quarterly report was reviewed.
- Gary Little, board member and chair of the finance committee, provided data to the board on August's performance.
- Physician credentials were routinely reviewed.
News | Sports | Education | Viewpoints | Classifieds | Records
Business Directory | Calendar | Community Directory | Obituaries | The Scoreboard
Contact Us | Staff | TD History | Archives | Subscribe Online
Email the Online Editor:
Email the Editor:
P.O. Box 389 ~ Walnut Ridge, Arkansas 72476