January 17, 2007 EditionAlso in this issue...
Pratt selected as Hoxie aldermanDuring their regular meeting last Tuesday evening, Hoxie City Council selected Adam Pratt for the position of alderman, ward three, position two, during an executive session.
There were five other candidates interested in the position, two of which withdrew prior to the meeting.
Mayor Donnie Roberts updated the council on new businesses in the city including the Sears store, which recently opened, and a tool store and a smoker's cafe, which are planned.
In other business the council:
- passed a resolution to accept the streets in the Morrison Addition into the city.
- discussed providing a cell phone for the mayor. The decision was tabled.
- hired Mike Witt as city dogcatcher.
- accepted John Allen to replace Roberts on the Re-use Committee.
- reappointed Ed Coot Smith for a two-year term on the Re-use Committee.
- accepted a resolution for a vacancy for the position of City Attorney. The city will advertise and accept bids for the position. Bobby Gibson, previous city attorney, informed the council that he will put in a bid for the position.
News | Sports | Education | Viewpoints | Classifieds | Records
Business Directory | Calendar | Community Directory | Obituaries | The Scoreboard
Contact Us | Staff | TD History | Archives | Subscribe Online
Email the Online Editor:
Email the Editor:
P.O. Box 389 ~ Walnut Ridge, Arkansas 72476